Re: [teacherartexchange] Inspiration for Christmas

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 16:27:29 PDT

Hi Marta,

It is never too soon to start talking about Christmas.
Thanks for sharing these links with the list. I enjoyed seeing the
figures made with wire and tights (Tate site).

Maybe gather all of the Christmas Cards you can -- all sorts -- and
"critique" them. What do they tell us about the "season"? about our
culture? Why do we give cards at Christmas time? We looked at
Christmas Cards last summer in our Bible Study by Philip Yancey -The
Jesus I Never Knew. Talked a lot about what they said - what they
showed us...on accuracy of the "story" they had to tell etc. It was
interesting to look at the cards in a new way.

Regards,

Judy Decker