[teacherartexchange] making mosaic tiles for stepping stones

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 04:49:26 PDT

Hi,

I am wondering about the feasibility of making mosaic tiles for use in
concrete stepping stones.

I am sure they'd be stepped on, and they'd be outside. Since we're
talking FL, the weather would be plenty of sun, moisture and maybe 2
actual freezes during the winter.

Has anyone done this? Yes, the tiles would have to be small, but how
big could I go with a single tile size? Could I do very low relief? How
would glazes hold up? Anything else I should know?

Jan in Tampa