[teacherartexchange] Two NEW Lesson Plans on Incredible Art Department (Elementary/MS)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2007 - 07:26:49 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I got busy this month planning my church retreat and neglected to post
these two new lesson plans. I was "in charge" of the whole event. I
did a presentation on my altered books (tip ins) and have a group
going at church that I am really excited about. Those of you who have
done tip ins might want to think about starting one up at your church.
You might be surprised with the enthusiasm. Great fun! I will share my
tip in page with you soon (that is for another post).

Elementary - Here is the Link for Julie Casebourn's Recycled Robots
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Julie-Robots.htm

Middle School - Here is the link to Laurie Reber's Personal Identity Flip Flops
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Laurie-FFlops.htm

I have Melissa Speelman's Flip Flops to add to this lesson page....
and will get around to it sometime (smile).

Sorry it took me so looooonnnnnnngggg to notify you all.

Where have all the lessons gone? I know there hasn't been a lot of new
lessons added. This is partially my fault. I have set the standards
higher and am looking for certain things now. Lessons must have a
focus on a "big idea" - I need to be able to determine the "essential
understanding" - I need your lesson objectives and I need to be able
to apply National Standards (for US since most visitors are from the
US). I do not post all lessons that come to me to the site. I do send
them all to the Lesson Plan Sharing Groups. More details to come on
the Lesson Sharing Groups. Right now, I don't have time to open them
back up again. If you have sent me a lesson and I have not posted it
DO remind me. I did stash some away and haven't gotten to them yet. I
know I have a very cool high school lesson I need to work on sacred
art (yes!).

For Marvin Bartel if you are reading.... Thanks for the suggestion to
evaluate lessons. I do get less submissions this way - which gives me
more time to make my own art now (smile). Still, the lessons I do ask
folks to send to me rarely come..... sigh.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/