Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] cutting dowel rods

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 09:45:32 PST

>In any case I was wondering if anyone could suggest
>some kind of wire cutter or snipper that I could use
>to cut these with.?
>Chris in Central Arkansas

A gardener's pruning shears works fine to cut 1/4 inch dowels. A plumber's roller tubing cutter used to cut copper pipes also does a neat job of cutting wood dowels. It cuts a 1/4 inch dowel in two or three revolutions around the the rod. This may be the least hazardous tool to use.

To unsubscribe go to