RE: [teacherartexchange] cutting dowel rods

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 04:15:47 PST

Bundle the dowels up and have the kids measure and tape where they need
to be cut - you can make a fast cut though a set. They still get to
measure and the cutting is fast - The tape makes a clean cut too -
I have a scroll saw and a little mitre saw that I can use. But a hand
saw works well too. My husband and I share a great set of tools made
for kid construction - they can cut their own dowels... but I still like
the faster way.

Ellen