[teacherartexchange] Hotels in NY

---------

From: Marian Colman (mcolman2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 05:01:28 PST

I always book my room at the conference hotel one year out. This
year I called the Hilton in March and wanted to reserve 2 rooms.
They told me that my credit card would be charged immediately for 1
night for each room for a total of $500. I was outraged by that. I
don't mind giving a credit card number to hold a room reservation
which is very common. However, to pay $500 a year in advance is just
not acceptable. I called NAEA to complain and was told it was the
hotel's policy and there was nothing they could do about it. This
policy was not in effect the last time NAEA was in NY and took place
at the Hilton. I stayed there and I would have remembered. Anyway,
I was unwilling to comply with their policy so I chose not to book
those rooms. As it turns out, I'm unable to attend this year
anyway. I certainly hope that in the future NAEA will contract with
hotels that do not make such unreasonable demands. And yes, the rooms
sell out at the conference hotel REALLY early ( because of people
like me!!!!)
Marian