[teacherartexchange] rooms in NYC

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 21:07:14 PST

I booked my room at the Hilton back in August and was told at that time that
there were only a few rooms remaining. My students who tried to book last
month were told that conference rate rooms had been sold out for weeks.

A couple of my students are staying at the Best Western President (just a
few blocks away), but it is no bargain at $188 a night.

A grad student who used to live in NYC suggests the Hotel 31 for a Spartan
sort of room. http://www.hotel31.com/ She says, "The hotel is walking
distance (1.5mi.) from the conference hotel and is in a great and safe
location." Rates start at $95 (shared bath) and go up to $125 (private
bath). Four of my students opted for this hotel

A few of my other students are going to take their chances with Priceline.
And NAEA usually suggest alternate hotels when the conference hotel sells
out.

From a chilly Northern AZ,
Pam