Re: [teacherartexchange] NAEA National Convention in NYC - Where to stay?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 20:19:08 PST

I find it difficult to believe that the rooms reserved for the
convention would be booked
already. Does anyone know how many rooms the hotel was asked to set
aside for
NAEA. I'll do a search to see what hotels are in the area of the Hilton.
                                                        Woody

On Nov 28, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Carokarn@aol.com wrote:

> I called the Hilton New York today about a reservation and was
> told that
> there were no more conference rooms available, in fact they said
> there were
> not many rooms available at any price, but offered me a king-sized
> single at
> $400+ per night. I declined. My son booked me at the Wellington,
> but I thought
> I would check to see if anyone has any other suggestions compatible
> with an
> art teacher's taste and budget. I knew I should have booked
> earlier, so I have
> no one to blame but myself, but procrastination is one of my bad
> habits.
>
> Carol in Clio, SC

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net