RE: [teacherartexchange] Wall Mural Help!!!!

---------

From: Alix (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 17:18:39 PST

Hi Marcia,
First of all, what surface will you be doing the mural on? Stucco,
wood, tile, concrete, etc.? Is the surface indoors or outdoors? How big
is the mural supposed to be? Will this be painted, tiled...etc.? Is
there a budget (besides your art department budget)? How much is it?

Since you already know that you need to use the school mascot and logo,
you can start by using graph paper to develop the design. Use tracing
paper overlays to make changes. Or you can do this all digitally in the
computer in any good graphics program. If you don't have a graphics
program, let me know what platform you are using (PC or Mac) and I can
suggest some free software.

Ideally your students should help in designing this mural so that they
will have a buy-in for the project.

Like Michal suggested; get your questions together for us and then I'm
sure you will get lots of good suggestions.

-Alix