Re: [teacherartexchange] School Mascot Mural

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 09:46:46 PST

You may not be "attaching" a file, but if you are sending in HTML format
then the receiving computer reads it as an attachment. If you change your
settings to "Plain Text Format" you won't have any trouble. Funny thing -
you can reply to a message, change the Subject line and the information
inside AND include a link and the server doesn't bounce it back. The exact
same text in a new message won't always make it through.

As for your mural question - I don't know what type of surface you are
putting the mural on, or what medium you are using, but I painted a few
murals at school. You may want the students to submit entries, or have them
each design a "part". Here's what I did - for most of the murals that were
just painted on the wall, I washed the walls down and just painted with
acrylic. Since they are inside they have held up fine. I made another mural
with ceramic tiles. Each person in our district painted on a ceramic tile
with paint pens. You can see that one at http://www.usd492.org. Make sure
you have worked out how each student will be involved in mural, what they
will be doing if they aren't actively involved in painting (if there are too
many students for the space for instance), clean up, transporting materials,
etc. Murals are highly motivating for students - they like the concept of
painting on a wall! :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids