Re: RE: [teacherartexchange] lost art work

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 24 2006 - 10:58:18 PST

Interesting I had never heard that about student art work. I know I most likley have little recourse with regard to recovering the cost. I may take her to small claims just to hassle her a bit and make her think about how disrespectful this was. All it would have taken was a phone call or even a note by mail not that difficult to do. Of course we are all busy but I think it's the lack of courtesy that I am appalled at as well. She's a retired professor and only does this summer course. All the supplies were provided by the school but I know I asked several times if the pictures would be returned and I would never have had them professionally matted if they were not to be returned. She always said it was possible to return them.
It took me two days to be able to open my portfolio to look and see if I had reasonable prints left over. I know I had made more but I couldn't remember if I had all five in the series they way I wanted them. I knew if I looked and they were not what I wanted I would start crying again.
Luckily I have all five in good shape and I can mat them and frame them.
I am also writing a letter to the head of the college art department and to the Department of Education which sponsors the course. It will make me feel better.
Thanks for the reply
Renee