Re: [teacherartexchange] digital projectors

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 17:35:56 PST

I agree with Jeryl, go where the money is. My district sent me to two
national computer conferences
with tech funds. They never paid for me attending an art conference
even when I was presenting.
I did get assistance from a local arts organization to attend one
national. At least they gave me release
time to attend state and national conferences, but the letters always
stated very clearly that they
would not cover any costs involved.
                                                        Woody

On Nov 22, 2006, at 5:51 PM, <hollingsworth005@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I wrote a state education grant last year and was funded for a
> projector, digital cameras, two scanners, an airliner, an external
> hard drive, and some other assorted tech stuff. It was also
> written into the grant for the wiring of the projector because I
> wanted it mounted on the ceiling. I don't need anything else in an
> elementary art room to try to keep clean and dry! I use the
> projector a lot. I use power points frequently to introduce
> artists, or show examples of student work. It is especially useful
> if I have to be out of the classroom. I don't have a smartboard but
> project onto a a very large pull down screen. I have smartboad
> tools loaded on my computer and the airliner I use is made by
> smartboard. It is like a tablet that I can draw on, write notes
> that students can copy, draw horizon lines on paintings, etc.. I
> can walk anywhere in the room and still use it. It is like blind
> contour drawing and the students love to use it also. The sub I use
> has been trained in using all my "tech stuff" so if I have to be
> out of the classroom, I add script to powerpoints so she can ask
> what I might have. She is doing a lesson with kdg. on Monday
> showing two paintings and talking about hats. Then they are making
> newspaper hats. (it's "h" week in kdg). Email me off the list if
> you want more info. I just presented at our state art conference on
> op art cd tops and the folks in the audience were almost more
> interested in how I was "driving" my computer with the airliner!
> Interesting side point-my district paid for me to go to a national
> technology conference in Texas so I could present with our
> technology person but they can't pay for me to go the art
> conference! Hook up with who has the money!
> Jeryl in SC

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons