Re: [teacherartexchange] organizing digital images

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 14:44:48 PST

I agree - burning the photos onto CDs is easy, takes minimal storage, you
can make a master list if you want on a word document and include it on the
CD. Flash drives are relatively inexpensive now, but they are also still not
completely reliable. If you don't remove them safely you can corrupt your
data. It is also a really bad idea to put them on your keychain or any other
way they will be bounced around or bumping against hard objects.

I lost two data sticks for no appearant reason, but I still love my flash
drives - I have 4 of them and use them ALL the time, but for temporary
storage and data transportation. I also always have a backup of the data on
them just in case. I may love them, but I don't trust them 100% to keep data
safe. They are still a relatively new technology and will surely improve
with time.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids