Re: [teacherartexchange] tips on buying a SLR digital camera

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 07:58:48 PST

I used a Canon Rebel EOS model from a few years back for work and was
disappointed in the sharpness of the photos indoors and also how fast
I could take a number of photos together....I would think the newer
models are better though. Anyone know?

I'm a Nikon lover, but I think cameras are like cars. It's so
subjective. Everyone has different goals and objectives when they look
through the viewfinder. I tend to like things super sharp and print
bigger so I like more megapixels and lots of options when focusing.
I'd rather have a heaver camera with more options then spend money and
not be able to do everything I want. My boyfriend has an Easyshare
(personally I think its so crappy) but he thnks it works just fine for
what he needs. :)

But I have also heard that Canon's newer point and shoots are amazing,
and that some kids are using those for photography classes. I've seen
some of the photos and I was shocked at the quality. Plus they are
priced so reasonably!

I would suggest just going to a camera store and playing.

Jen-Cleveland, OH