Re:[teacherartexchange] digital projector: Chris

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2006 - 06:16:43 PST

I use my document camera in coordination with a video
projector on the classroom ceiling and a nearby
computer. We were offered a smart board but the screen
was smaller than what I could use with a VP. So I
stuck with the VP. I would recommend the VP. In fact,
I use it everyday. Students know to look there for
daily reminders. I do demonstrations of small detail
under the document camera. sometimes I have small
still lifes there. Sometimes an example of the work
they are doing from the real still life. Just depends
on the students' needs. Last summer the electrician
adjusted the lighting so that we can have just half
the lights on and see the projection clearer when
necessary.
We look at an artist every day--several examples of
their work. So either a website that features an
artist's work is hooked up from the computer (simple
to do) or a book is laid on the document camera.
The computer, document camera and video projector are
a 3-way teaching tool I would hate to be without. As
far as the smart board, the interactive nature of it
was not as closely linked with my daily regimen. But
if that is what is offered, take it!
There is a wand that comes with the VP that takes care
of slide changes and other simple commands.
Hope this helps.
Beth