Re: [teacherartexchange] digital projector

---------

From: Sarah Critzman (sjcritzman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 10:53:54 PST

A document camera is a camera that is pointed at a
table or work surface. It's kind of like a video
camera, but it doesn't record - it just projects the
area it see's through a projector. So I can do a
demonstration on the table and with the document
camera above me, it will project what I am doing up
onto the wall for the kids to see. This gets rid of
the hassle of trying to get the kids around the table
to watch me demonstrate something.
It looks similar to this, (we have an avermedia
brand):
http://aver.com/ppd/v150.html

There are lots more out there, I am sure, but our tech
person got these for pretty cheap and they work! The
website says they are under 500$ but I am pretty sure
we got them for much less than that after searching
around a bit.

Sarah in WI