Re: [teacherartexchange] Art as a dumping ground - need advice

---------

From: bkramer(POP) (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 07:55:21 PST

From the sound of your post and what you are saying, it seems the squeaky
wheels (other electives) are getting heard and you're not squeakin' loud
enough.

My suggestion at this point would be that you start drawing attention to
your problem by sending the "problem" to the office each time you have to
deal with the child destroying, disrupting, etc. Administrators don't like
to see kids in the office here and that means when these problems sit under
their noses, these problems get fixed. Sometimes you have to plop the child
in their collective laps before they understand what you are dealing with
everyday. If they know you're going to do this every time it happens, then
they will start looking for other alternatives. Sometimes just a boring
"time-out" in the office will turn my kiddies around.

When I send someone to the office, the AP has the child work on their
project in his personal office alone with him. That's enough to unnerve
anyone.

What I'm trying to say is...don't let yourself be "used" by the
admins./counseling office as the ONLY dumping ground. If you are being
"used", you need to change your own responses/reactions for anything else to
happen. Toodles.....Bunki

on 11/17/06 7:27 AM, Heather_Hayes@roundrockisd.org at