Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] videos etc

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 05:34:43 PST

Oh - I have been watching a show on the Discovery channel called
"Discovery School" and the last 3 or 4 episodes have been about art.
They last an hour but are broken up into sections with fairly good
discussion questions before and/or after each section. I have enjoyed
watching the shows, although I don't know if my elementary students
would be able to sit thru more than one section a class period. - look at this site for the Visual
Arts. Sadly, the videos are pretty expensive.

Maybe I missed a part of this thread, but has anyone
mentioned ART:21?

However, they do really like the "Getting to know"
series by Mike Venezia.

I showed them one of the "behind the scenes" videos
from PBS last quarter and they seemed to like that as
well so I would recommend although there are a couple
of abstact nudes in the one with David Hockney.

To unsubscribe go to