Re: [teacherartexchange] words words words

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 20:17:21 PST

Bonjour Jane,
        I didn't catch the original post, but you are correct, "blase" is
French, or more accurately, it is "blasé/blasée," an adjective with
the accent agu, and "faire le blasé" means "to affect
indifference." In the pronunciation of this word the "s" sounds like
a "z." So it is quite easy to confuse with "blaze!"

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired, et qui étudie le français maintenant