Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] teacher as artist

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2006 - 17:33:09 PST

On Nov 15, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Sidnie Miller wrote:

> class time should not be an open studio for you--it's the time
> you work with the kids, talk about their work, make suggestions
> to them--enrich and encourage them. If you want to
> work alongside of your students, organize an open studio after
> school as an art club and then they can watch you work and
> solve your problems.

Sidnie has an excellent suggestion. A few of us used to get together
in a high school art room every Tuesday night to paint. The teacher
often invited her students to join us to paint along side. We critiqued
each other as we worked. This was a great atmosphere for students
to see their teacher creating art and to grow.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM 87199-1703