RE: [teacherartexchange] artist documentary recommendation

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2006 - 09:43:10 PST

Have you seen the Penn and Teller series? "Behind the Scenes" Volume
one is great! It features David Hockney, Wayne Thiebaud and Robert Gil
de Montes. Also included is Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons.
What I really like is that it shows the artist working on as well as
discussing their work. The Hockney section I particularly enjoyed
because it helped me to see what he was thinking about in his work.
Unfortunately, the series - as far as I know - has only 2 other videos -
one on Theater, Sculpture and Photography, and the other on Music and
Dance.
Jan