[teacherartexchange] "How Art Students Saved the World" (in Texas)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 11:59:31 PST

Dear Art Educators,

James Miller sent me the following and invites art teachers around the
world to participate.

"How Art Students Saved The World"

Art students at Weslaco Independent School District, Texas will be
letting go of red helium balloons with artwork about World Peace on
December 11, 2006 at 2:00 P.M. Each campus will let go of 99 balloons
and hopefully save the world with art. Artwork will be attached to eco
friendly latex balloons and short string. We hope that other schools
throughout the states join the event!

Each artwork will also have contact e-mail and snail mail addresses to
find out where the art landed. Any questions may be directed to
coolartclasses@yahoo.com