Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: November 11, 2006

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2006 - 20:57:53 PST

Oh yes, I almost forgot. The credential instructor at San Francisco state
had told us to flip the light switches to get the students' attention. I
think its a very violent group of educators out here in the Bay Area. But
not as violent as the man who came into my house and pulled my boyfriend out
of bed back around 1978 and started beating him up right before my eyes. I
don't know why the buddy wanted him out of there. I thought maybe the buddy
was in love with him because he was acting like a jealous lover. Later on
the boyfriend had a cast on his arm. When I asked him why the cast, he said
his buddy had pushed him down the stairs. On their way out of town they
flipped a cigarette on my bed while I was asleep. Luckily I woke up before
the house burned down. My house was on a freeway relocation route, so I
guess they were trying to get me out of there so they could get the house
and the relocation payments for themselves. My son left home and went to
live with his father over my objections and I was cut off from AFCD and had
no money to pay the house payments, but luckily they did not foreclose. The
PGE came and turned off the heat when I smelled a gas leak in my son's
bedroom. I got pneumonia and a kerosene heater. I rented out my spare room
for enough money for food. Finally the freeway came through and I was
relocated.

Jean Womack