Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: November 11, 2006

---------

From: Donna Pumphrey (dpumphrey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2006 - 08:08:58 PST

Dear Judy,
I tried to follow the link for the survey and it would not come up.

Also, Jean I don't understand your comment to Sue. She just asked about
a student teacher to mentor I think. I was 30 when I graduated college
and did my student teaching so asking for a "student" teacher should not
be construed as age discrimination.

Nor is it age discrimintation to not get one, I would think. It depends
on where the need is, who has experience in teaching, and who has
experience and training in mentoring. The last is the most important in
my district, as there is MUCH paper work to be done by the mentor and
mentee.

I think Woddy's advice is sound though.

-Donna

Donna Pumphrey
Third Creek Elementary
Art
+ I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say
any other way--things I had no words for.-Georgia O'Keefe