[teacherartexchange] NM Art Education

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 13:14:17 PST

I just returned from a very successful New Mexico Art Education
conference. The attendance is really
growing with 165 in attendance. A few ago the attendance was about
30. Last year it was about 110.
There were 24 workshops this year. I will be posting pics of some of
them soon on
http://www.newmexicoarted.com/
I'm the webmaster for the NM association. I hope to contribute
something to art education in my
adopted state. The students in New Mexico deserve no less than the best.
My own workshop (Kaleidocycles) was overflowing and quite well received.
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/duncan/Kaleidocycles.html
I'm going to exploring giving workshops in several different states
in the next few years.
It was refreshing to see so many young art educators in attendance.
Many were in their first year of
teaching. New Mexico has begun to fund arts education again which has
brought in lots of new blood.

When I got home there was an e-mail message that my watercolor on
display at the Taos Art
Museum was purchased. Sad to loose my favorite grand daughter
(Tiffanie). But someone will enjoy her.
http://www.taospaint.com/Shadow/ShadowPlay72dpi.jpg This means we
will not drive through Taos in
December to pick up the painting. We had planned to stop by on our
way to visit the grandkids in
Kansas for Christmas.

                                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque