Re: [teacherartexchange] How do you get a studnet teacher?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 11:16:45 PST

The art ed departments have someone who schedules them. You might
inquire.
In 27 years, I only had two. They were both excellent. I believe I
was a very strong
teacher but I only got the two. I taught in the inner city and the
Universities tended
to place them in the suburbs. I feel that was a mistake but it wasn't
my decision.
That was the policy in the 70's, as well, when I did my student
teaching. I insisted
on being placed in my home town (inner city, Kansas City, Kansas) so
they made
an exception. I suggest that you ask the personnel department in your
school district.
They will know how the local Universities do placements.
                                                                Woody

On Nov 10, 2006, at 11:02 PM, Sue Cosgrove wrote:

> I would love to host a student teacher. How do you volunteer for
> that? I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area. There are several
> universities near me but I graduated fro OBU in Oklahoma.
>
> Sue Cosgrove
> Art Teacher
> Carroll Elementary School
> 817-949-4353