[teacherartexchange] How do you get a studnet teacher?

---------

From: L Mitchell (lismatisse_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 18:43:01 PST

I would contact the universities and colleges in your
area. There is often someone that arranges student
teachers - so check the education department as well
as the art department. They may already be making
connetions for next semester since we only have a
couple of weeks left.
There are also county/district mandates that you may
need to be aware of - for example in my district, they
mandate that you have to have been at the school
you're teaching at at least 3 years before having a
student teacher. I can appreciate that - but I was
forcibly transfered this year and even though I teach
for the university can not have a student teacher.
Communication is key! I hope it works out for you.
Lisa M.