[teacherartexchange] Opportunity for AZ art teachers

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 11:26:45 PST

For those of you who live in Arizona or who will be visiting in March, I
would like to take this opportunity to invite you to some special events
that we have scheduled at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff) for the
spring semester.

The NAU Student Chapter of the National Art Education Association is hosting
the Guerrilla Girls for a performance March 8. The performance will be on
campus at the Prochnow Auditorium at 7 PM. The public will be invited to
attend. Tickets will be available in late January.

The NAU Art Museum has purchased the Guerrilla Girls' portfolio and we will
have an exhibit of the work during the month of March. The exhibition will
include interactive wall text that engages the viewer and serves as a
self-guided tour. The exhibition will be highly appropriate for student
groups (middle and high school or perhaps upper elementary).

On March 9, we will host a reception with the Guerrilla Girls at our museum.
This will be open to the public and no ticketing is required. This will be
an exceptional opportunity to talk with the artists in a relaxed
environment. Again, bringing middle or high school students to this event
would be highly appropriate.

Within the next few weeks we will be posting a web page for these events
that will include more details. In the meantime, if any of you art educators
in AZ would like more info, email me off list. I am looking into the
possibility of my senior and graduate art ed students acting as docents at
the exhibition so that we are able to offer tours for your classes.

From Northern AZ,
Pam

***************************************
Pamela Geiger Stephens, PhD