Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] How do you get a studnet teacher?


From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 07:06:18 PST

I live about 1/2 way in between two universities, and both have different
requirements.Both require you have been tenured, which in Kansas is three
years with one district, with an offer for year 4. One university requires
that cooperating teachers attend a 1/2 day workshop which is free to the
teacher. This ensures that the cooperating teacher understands the U.
expectations. You must also have administrative approval. Contact your
university and let them know you are interested - meet with the art ed
department and let them know you're interested. Good luck!
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

>I would love to host a student teacher. How do you volunteer for that? I
>live in the Dallas Fort Worth area. There are several universities near me
>but I graduated fro OBU in Oklahoma.

To unsubscribe go to