Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] How do you get a studnet teacher?

From: Melissa Woodland (melissawoodland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 05:38:15 PST

It may be different than where I'm from, but you would contact the art
education department head of your local college(s). In PA I believe you need
to have tenure and be in your current placement for at least a year. I'm
sure it would be preferrable to use alumni since methods would be similar,
but if they need bodies I'm guessing they won't be picky.There is also a
short program that you attend before the year where they familiarize you
with the forms and evaluations they use. My sister has taught for about 15
years and had a s.t. almost every year since she was able. I know in our
area, they won't use anyone that is more than a 45 minute drive from the
university for gas/commuting concerns. Best of luck!