Re: [teacherartexchange] How do you get a studnet teacher?

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 05:33:41 PST

My student teacher actually found me. I have a web site and she was looking for a school closer to home. The college provided her with sites however they were inner city Boston which is where the college is. She commutes in to school and wanted something nearer the town that she lived. We met last summer as she wanted to be sure we had similar teaching philosophies. I read into that as to mean she didn't want to be stuck with someone who was not embracing what her school was teaching. Or someone who is stuck in techniques determined 30 years ago. I also wanted to meet her too as I didn't want to get a student who really campatible with the students in my classes. I am not going to sacrifice their art experience.

I would contact the universities you have near you. If the student lives on campus then your school needs to be a reasonable commute. If the student lives off campus near a school that takes student teachers then you may be able to secure one.

It's been fun having her in the classroom. She's a great kid and good with my students. I am suppose to leave her in the classroom by herself for two full weeks and I am agonizing over that. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself? I'm worried about being bored. But at this stage I know she can handle it.

Hope this helps
Renee