Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] artists with different abilities/autistic artistic savants

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2006 - 18:30:39 PST

Thanks for the site on Stephen Wiltshire... I spent some time with my
computer and found some other resources -

this is the one that was sent:

Richard Wawro

Alanzo Clemens

artistic autistic savants:

Here is a great site with clips from the movie 'Beautiful Minds' about
artistic savants. Many of the artists featured autistic artistic

From the Wisconsin Medical Society (Darold Treffert, MD,
Drew Kasel):

"While savant syndrome is extremely rare, as many as one in ten autistic
persons have such remarkable abilities in varying degrees.
Savant skills in autistic persons, rather than being irrelevant and
frivolous, can, by "training the talent" serve as a "conduit toward
normalization" with an increase in language, social and daily living
skills, providing more independence for the savant overall."

To unsubscribe go to