[teacherartexchange] Binney & Smith - Opening Night NAEA Reception

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 14:30:03 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Get your reservation in for NAEA Convention in New York City.... check
out what Binney & Smith has to offer.

Binney & Smith Announces Plans for
Opening Night NAEA Reception in New York City

The lights in Times Square. The glittering outline of the Brooklyn Bridge.
Lady Liberty standing proudly over New York Harbor. Students from the five New
York City boroughs will show what makes "The Big Apple" the world's favorite
city through their works of art to be displayed at Binney & Smith's annual
opening night reception for all attendees of the 2007 National Art Education
Association Convention.

This year's reception, themed "Coloring Outside the Lines," will take place
on Wednesday, March 14 from 7-10 p.m. at the New York Hilton Ballroom.

"Our annual NAEA event is our thank you to art educators all over the
country, who inspire confidence, creativity and imagination in
children through the
visual arts," says Crayola Director of Education Nancy DeBellis. "We hope that
everyone will join us for a night of Crayola color, creativity and
innovation."

The evening's festivities will include hands-on activity stations where
attendees will be among the first to create with the latest Crayola
art materials.
Activities will include making a collaborative mural using new Color
Explosion "Fire & Ice", as well as make-and-take projects with new
Crayola painting mediums, Model Magic, and Slick Stix.

Entertainment throughout the evening will include professional caricaturists
sketching fun renderings of the guests. Professional sculptors will also be
on-hand to observe and converse with, as they sculpt with Crayola Air-Dry clay.

This year's reception will feature a lavish dessert buffet featuring a
mouth-watering chocolate fountain -- with accompaniments like
marshmallows, pretzels
and fruit -- a variety of New York style cheesecakes, crème brulee ice cream,
pastries, cookies and assorted cheeses. A cash bar will also be available.
Convention details:
http://www.naea-reston.org/convention.html
March 14-18
Hilton New York & Towers Hotel
1335 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019

I am so jealous of all of you who get to go.

Judy Decker