RE: [teacherartexchange] Art Clubs

---------

From: Melissa Woodland (melissawoodland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 13:10:28 PST

 At the middle school where I taught before my maternity leave, they had an
application for the "art academy" which is what they called the art club.
This was started by someone else and I had no clue what to do - but because
the club met during the school day, I couldn't have more than 20 members.

To narrow it down I posted a study guide the week before with terms/
concepts they should know and a list of 4 possible essays.

For the application itself, they had to answer 10 questions (very basic
stuff - color theory, genre identification) and then I gave two essays from
the four posted and they had to pick just one to answer. These were more
aethetic/philosophic in nature and helped me determine who wanted to be
there.

Good luck!

melissa