RE: [teacherartexchange] brother question

---------

Laura.Drietz_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 13:45:03 PST

I would bring it up to a counselor. They are trained to deal with issues
like that, where as we in the classroom are not really prepared for
that. I think it's deeper then a classroom teacher could address fully.
You may even talk to his parents SPECIFICALLY about that, the
conversations he's had, etc. I'd make sure the student knows that the
types of conversations he's been having/starting are not to be
tolerated...but you have to follow through on that with everyone.

Laura Drietz
Art Teacher
Brookings Middle School
E-mail laura.drietz@k12.sd.us