[teacherartexchange] sub art/mind maps

---------

From: joyce paliulionis (theartroom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 17:46:57 PST

On the subject of art subs...Try Mind Maps. I did
them with my 7th and 8th grades, they were a big hit.
They started in the center (radial design), designing
their names in their own personal styles. They then
branched out with the issues and things that mattered
most to them: movies, sports, friends, foods,
feelings, etc. The idea was to create visual images of
those issues and things.

These were done with skinny markers and colored
pencils, outlined in ultra fine Sharpies...and sharp
they were. They were eager to put them on display and
share their personal space with their classmates.

This is a great fill in project too.

Here are are few sites that give you some idea of what
I'm suggesting. Has anyone done these as an art
project?

Joyce

http://www.buzan.com.au/learning/mindmapgallery.html

http://www.mind-mapping.co.uk/assets/examples/MM_Happiness.jpg

http://www.mind-mapping.co.uk/assets/examples/Shakespeare.jpg

::::: j o y c e p a l i u l i o n i s :::::