Re: [teacherartexchange] paint clean up

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 18:43:37 PST

After fighting dirty brushes/palettes left in sinks I started something new
3 years ago and it has worked great. I give each student a paint palette
w/lid and 2 brushes at the beginning of the year. They are responsible for
returning those items in good condition at the end of the year or they pay a
replacement cost of $5. Students tend to take better care of their supplies
when the 1) know they will be using those supplies for the entire year and
2) they are financially responsible for them. If students leave their
palettes or brushes lying around I pick them up and return them to the
supply cabinet and that student is still financially responsible for it. If
I have to clean them up or put them away it is too bad for the student. All
palettes are marked by a number.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids