Re: [teacherartexchange] paint clean up

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 18:25:02 PST

24 students at two sinks trying to clean brushes never worked.
I assigned two students to clean brushes on a rotating basis.
One student from each table brought dirty brushes to buckets
in the sink where the two brush cleaners were. The cleaned
brushes were sorted and stood bristles up in various containers,
(according to sizes - S, M and L) for the next class. We used acrylic
a lot so cleaning was very important. This was Middle school.
                                                Woody

On Nov 6, 2006, at 11:01 PM, Chantal Pinnow wrote:

> I am curious about what clean-up procedures some of you use for
> painting
> (especially cleaning brushes). I teach middle school and high
> school. Some
> kids are very careful with the brushes they use, but there are
> always those
> that bend the bristles every which way and leave paint in the
> brushes to dry
> before I ever discover it.
> -How do you make sure everyone is cleaning brushes properly?
> -Do you keep your brushes divided by sizes?
> -How do you keep community areas like sinks cleaned up?
> -Does anyone use the divided water buckets? How do you clean those???
> Thanks,
> Chantal

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net