[teacherartexchange] art quote feedback

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 18:28:43 PST

I have composed a quote that I would like your thoughts on.
It is "Art is a amalgamation of all learning."
This quote came to me because on our inservice days in Pa. we are asked to
go over the "anchors" from Science, math, language, etc. and list ways we
teach these anchors in art. Well, we teach them(anchors from other subjects)
all the time. It is not my main focus but I do it all the time. My main
focus of course is the teaching of our art curriculum. I was thinking of
displaying these anchors along side the art projects during my spring art
show. I always have explained art concepts the student learned with each
project but had never ventured into what is learned in other disciplines.

I would like your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
MJHadley