RE: [teacherartexchange] sub plans

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 12:39:00 PST

I've done this project with my 9th graders, and it might work for you as sub
plans and can be extended to multiple days as well. I take a folder (I make
enough folders for 1/2 of the amount of kids in class) and put in a face
that I have xeroxed (from magazines, from online, from newspapers, etc). The
face is big enough so that students can 'talk' about the features. I then
give pairs of students each a folder. One becomes the 'police artist' and
does NOT get to see the photo in the folder, the other becomes the poor
crime victim (nothing violent...pickpocketing I usually say). The victim
then describes the person in the folder and the "police artist" has to draw
it based on the description given to him/her. What makes this interesting is
that I put in all kinds of faces, including a german shepard etc). The
"victims" are not allowed to tell the "police artist" WHO the pickpocket was
(if they can identify the picture, ie. Brittney Spears). These folders can
be shuffled around the room so that multiple drawings can be done by
different pairs of students.

San D