[teacherartexchange] successful fundraiser

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (cpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 21:34:46 PST

Our school had our annual "Fun Fest" last night. This year the Art Club set
up some tables and were able to raise a lot of money. We spent about $50 for
supplies and raised over $500. We had three stations. The first was face
painting. They charged $1.00 for a small cheek or hand painting and $3.00
for a large design or full face painting. We also had some jewelry we sold
(it was donated), so that was pure profit (we didn't even sale all of it-
most of our money came from the other two stations). The last station was
very successful. We bought some white self-drying clay and made tons of
crosses and hearts and other fun shapes out of it. At this station, we let
the kids select and paint their own clay piece. We had put a hole in the
piece and added some string to make it a necklace. The kids loved it. We
charged $2.00 for one piece and $3.00 for two pieces. We sold almost
everything we made (even some of the samples at the end of the night.)
Anyway, I thought I would pass along the idea. It would work well for
Christmas ornaments too if you had to do a fundraiser around Christmas.
Chantal