[teacherartexchange] Artist Trading Cards/Blogs

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 12:01:41 PST

Students in my Foundations of Art Education course are creating Artist
Trading Cards. These are being posted to the class blog at
http://are200-421.blogspot.com/ if you would like to see them.

We'll have more posted next week.

You'll have no problem sorting the students who are dedicated to
figuring out a way to incorporate this activity into a more meaningful
context from those who quickly whipped something together. Regardless
of quality, the ATCs are being posted for all to see.

You'll also note on the blog that all students will be commenting upon
the ATCs.

As an aside, this is the first semester that I have used a Blog as a
part of the course content. It has proven to be an invaluable tool in
many ways. Not only does it encourage use of technology by engaging
students in the actual use of a Blog, it also provides insights into
the understanding of those students who do not talk in class.

If you have a moment to scan the entire blog, you might enjoy the
discussed.

On the blog you will see a list of student names. By clicking on those
links you will find student journals. Some are exceptional records.

Blogs will be a definite part of future coursework for my classes.

From Arizona,
Pam