Re: [teacherartexchange] sub plans that rock!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 09:02:42 PST

Vicki,
        Do you get an art sub ? Can you count on the same sub each day ?
What level do you teach ? Do you have the students M - F ?
When I was gone for a day or two, (I taught 6-8 grade and had my
students all week) I left written worksheets based on reading
Scholastic Art magazines. I had 25 years of back issues in the
classroom. Each year I wrote question sheets to follow each
new issue. They came in very handy if I missed a day or two.
It's such a great Art History resource as well. This was a great
resource but I would not use it for a week.
        Subs come with such varied backgrounds. Many don't
follow procedures well. But my students knew my routine using
the magazines. I had students assigned to pass out and collect the
magazines. My students knew to fasten the completed work
into their art notebooks, etc. So even if the sub did not help
the class, the work still got done. My classes knew I'd check
upon return and ask questions about the artist they had read
about. Check the magazine out at:
http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/classmags/art.htm
                                        Woody

On Nov 3, 2006, at 9:15 AM, <vranck@bellsouth.net>
<vranck@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
> I am going in for surgery next week and will be out the whole
> week. That means, unfortunately, that I will
> have to have a sub....which also means I can't leave clay or paint
> assignments either because they
> wouldn't know how to help them or run the clean up at the end.
> So...my question to you all is what are
> some really cool assignments that I could have a sub do that the
> students would enjoy?
> Thanks in advance to all who respond,
> Vicki in Tennessee

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque