[teacherartexchange] filling downtime photo and photoshop

---------

From: Joe Medina (jmedina_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 12:39:20 PST

Hi

This is in response to filling in downtime per Photo . My average class
contains 29 students , 8 working cameras and 8 working enlargers .
I break up the room into groups of 4 consisting of 7-8 people per group
and we take turns shooting , processing film , printing or completing
classroom work ex essay writing or researching .Each day a group rotates
. Example the group shooting one day will spend the next class period
rolling or processing film . I have found Joan Dooley website to be
extremely beneficial . The majority of her lessons require students to
research and think critically regarding the medium given .
Good Luck
J.Medina