[teacherartexchange] filling downtime photo and photoshop

---------

From: Ellen Burnside (ellenburnside_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2006 - 09:02:15 PST

Hello,
I am a new teacher this year and have been required to fill the "downtime"
my students have in photography and computer art. In photography, I have 11
enlargers and 22 students. So, even when they have a project due, not
everyone can work in the darkroom at the same time. Also, the students are
not required to have an SLR camera and most of them have point-and-shoots
(this is not my idea or preference). I have a few ideas such as writing
reports, comparing photographers, etc. but I was wondering if anyone on the
list had any ideas for this situation. I also have a similar problem in my
computer art class (photoshop) when we are finishing a project and half the
students are done. I have thought about creating "how to" sheets for
different photoshop effects. Any other ideas? Any help or ideas anyone might
have would be greatly appreciated!
-Ellen