[teacherartexchange] field trip help

---------

From: pam smith (thinkart2003_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 22:09:11 PST

Aloha,
I teach middle school art in Hilo, Hawaii. This year
we started an Art Club and I would like to take them
to MoMA. Some of these wonderfully talented kids
haven't even been to the other side of our island.
They range in age from 10-13 years old. I think there
will be about 10 or 12 that will be going. We are
trying to do as much fundraising as we can, but from
here to NYC is VERY expensive. Most parents have told
me they can come up with about $500, but it looks like
it will cost about $1500-$1600 per student. Does
anyone have any ideas. Where to look for Grants that
we might quailfy for, fundraising ideas that make
$$$$$$, schools we might be able to hook up with as a
"sister school". I am open to any and all ideas. I am
wondering if we are thinking TOO big? But we want to
give it our best shot.
Pam