Re: [teacherartexchange] Color Theory Videos

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 19:09:55 PST

I have only viewed the Color video you are mentioning, and I think it is
just excellent. I use it with my third graders after we have done a color
mixing project. It gives a different viewpoint on color--in a very creative
way. And an excellent portrayal of an artist (Roberto GildeMondes.??)
creating a painting--showing his thinking process as he is working. I love
how he discusses how he gets his idea for the painting--how he corrects
mistakes as he is working--and sometimes changes his mind and changes parts
of the painting.... After showing that video, I have the students do a
painting of a subject of their choice--sometimes I have them choose a
particular emotion to express--but with a focus on using their color mixing
knowledge. They create some fascinating paintings. I have them do a short
writing piece about their paintings--describing the colors, what their
painting is about, the emotion, etc. The sharing/critique time we have later
is quite interesting. Anyway--I borrowed the video and liked it so much that
I purchased it with my budget money the next year. Don't know why I
haven't explored the other videos, I would guess they, too, are good.

Mary H.