[teacherartexchange] Woodcuts of Helen Frankenthaler

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 06:31:43 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Thanks Josephine for posting your sites. I found this exhibit listed
in your blog.

Against the grain: the woodcuts of Helen Frankenthaler
http://www.nga.gov.au/Exhibition/Frankenthaler/Default.cfm

Against the grain features "a selection of woodcuts which are notable
for their scale, colour and textural qualities, along with printmaking
elements used to make them."

There are 43 works shown on the site - well owrth a visit.

You might also be interested in locating this book:
Frankenthaler: The Woodcuts by Judith Goldman

Many of her prints can be found online.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department