Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Sizing for watercolor

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 04:25:28 PST

Does anyone use regular wallpaper sizing for a base
for watercolor? I am finding the whites much easier to
reclaim, mistakes easier to lift off. Just like the
more expensive stuff! But I am suspicious it will not
be long before things generally turn yellow. Surely
the stuff is not acid free. But it is so cheap and the
results so fun! Wondered if anyone had any experience
with this?