[teacherartexchange] xerox to canvas

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 01:02:38 PST

I wouldn't use laquer thinner with kids. It's too dangerous. I still have
damage to my hands that started, I think from using laquer thinner at the
local junior college. We were supposed to use it outside, wearing thick
blue gloves. They stopped teaching silk screen with oil based paints after
that. It's really hard to get a silk screen clean without using laquer
thinner. But you don't have to used oil based inks for silkscreen, so why
go to all the trouble to do it? Wintergreen oil works well for transfers.

Jean Womack